The GATEway Project was the UK’s largest autonomous vehicle trial that saw 1,500 members of the public use a hop-on, hop-off service of four last-mile pods operating along a 5km route in Greenwich, UK. The last-mile pods utilised our CAVstar system to seamlessly operate the service along a mixed-use footpath, autonomously negotiating pedestrians, dogs, cyclists and other vehicles. The system successfully operated 5 days a week for two months in winter conditions, continuing service in heavy rain, fog and even heavy snow thanks to the CAVstar system. The project enabled the demonstration of the suitability of the CAVstar system to operate last-mile pods effectively, including:
- Highest levels of safety – operating safely amidst pedestrians cyclists and dogs
- Operation in all weather – snow, heavy rain, bright sun, low sun and fog
- Safe passing manoeuvres – pods were able to pass other vehicles safely as required
- Obstacle avoidance – pods demonstrated being able to adapt its path to avoid dynamic obstacles
- Fleet management – the system utilised Fusion’s fleet management system to coordinate the operation of the 4 vehicle service.
Watch the GATEway pods being trialled:
Intelligent Sensing And Control Systems For Autonomous Vehicles
The world's leading provider of AV Level 4 technology for autonomous buses
AUTONOMOUS VEHICLE SYSTEMS
Fusion Processing continues to develop state-of-the-art technology to autonomise vehicles and improve the safety of vulnerable road users.
ADAS: We apply our autonomous tech and knowhow to regular driven vehicles.
Smart cities rely on smooth running highways for the transportation of goods and populations.
Government pledges investment for buses and bus infrastructure
We welcome this week’s news that UK Government is investing in buses and bus infrastructure....Continue reading
Public premiere demo for the UK’s first full-size autonomous bus
Fusion Processing, Alexander Dennis and Stagecoach Group showcase autonomous bus in action Technology demonstrator paves...Continue reading
And that’s a wrap!
As an exciting 2020 kicks off it’s time to take stock of 2019 and draw...Continue reading